The Giggle Queen

Random acts of the giggle queen. Intermittent blogs about my life, my thoughts, and other chaotic functions.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

July Long

We had a pretty laid back long week-end. My sister had said she was coming down so we didn't make any plans. She ended up not coming so we just hung around. Phil's uncle ended up spending Saturday night with us, we had a good visit so that was good. We spent the week-end exploring the area for swimming holes and camping spots. I've been dying to get a shot of a fox so when Phil spotted this little guy I was pretty excited. He couldn't decide whether he wanted to duck back down into his den or run to his mother a few meters away. His indecision was great for me as I got a few good shots of him. The poor thing would flinch every time the shutter would snap.We did a circle back road trip. I was really hoping to get some shots of a moose but they are very elusive. For something that's the size of truck they can be surprisingly hard to find. I did manage to find some very pretty wild flowers.We ended up down at the Smokey river where I was gathering some rocks for office. Yes you heard that right I have a rock fetish and I don't have any rocks at work. So I'm wandering around, hunched over, when one of the rock jumped about two feet straight up in the air and scared the crap out of me. For a little guy he had amazing jumping power. He was completely unimpressed with the amount of attention I was giving him. I, once my heart slowed down, was delighted to have him around.


We still don't have any real news on the job front that we can share at this time. Hopefully by the end of next week we will know something. I'll keep you posted as things happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home