The Giggle Queen

Random acts of the giggle queen. Intermittent blogs about my life, my thoughts, and other chaotic functions.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Goosey Gander

Phil and I have been doing a ton of golfing lately. We usually play the same course Spruce Meadows. As if my game isn't inconsistent enough, to add to the degree of difficulty it's nesting season for the Canadian geese. We all know how protective mother geese can be when it comes to their young. For the past few weeks we've enjoyed the progression from eggs to fuzzy chicks. This was the first shot taken a few weeks ago. Notice her eye is wide open. I was able to get this shot when the mother goose got off her nest to harass Andrew because she thought he was too close. I'm not going to make mother of the year my son's being worried by a crazed goose and I'm excited because I get a nest shot. Of course she made her nest in the sweet spot that everyone likes to hit to. Now that the ducklings have hatched she moves them around. For some stupid reason known only to the golf gods if there is a ducklings on the course I like to plunk my ball within a few feet of them. The Mother goose has not enjoyed sharing these moments with us. In this next series of pictures I'm pretty sure if I hadn't been in a power cart I would have been wearing the Mother goose as a very uncomfortable hat. She was just a hissing. Stark contrast to Dad who stands in the background the entire time, chilling out.

I was going to wait to post this. The chick are already twice this size but as they will be at that pimply, awkward, adolescent stage before I get my camera back so I thought I would go ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home